Friday, May 4, 2007

Strange Path

"हज़ारों ऐसे फासले थे
जो तय करने चले थे
राहे मगर चल पडी थी
और पीछे हम रह गए थे
कदम दो चार चल पाए
किये फेरे तेरे मन के"*

This path is extraordinarily strange. Journey is all the more amusing.

I move in one direction and the path moves in the other.

Destination is not known to me. All that I know is to keep walking.

I am the one to decide the destination so as to make the experience enriching. I do not know whether I am heading in the right direction as what I have is nothing but a confident assumption. I needn’t worry because I at least have the direction. Moreover, the journey has already been decided by my destiny.

I just need to keep matching my pace with that of the path. I sometimes like to halt and rest but I can’t, because I know neither can the path. The minute I stop I start sliding backwards.

That’s when I say, I couldn’t match up with the pace and fell back in time.

All that I need to do is run faster.

The path is LIFE.



* Song: Maine dil se kaha, Film: Rog (2004), Lyrics: Nilesh Mishra

No comments: