Wednesday, May 16, 2007

As if it were the last day...

“If I must be faithful to someone or something, then I have, first of all, to be faithful to myself. If I’m looking for true love, I first have to get the mediocre loves out of my system. The little experience of life I’ve had has taught me that no one owns anything that everything is an illusion- and that applies to material as well as spiritual things. Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever (as happened often enough to me already) finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them.

And if nothing belongs to me, then there’s no point wasting my time looking after things that aren’t mine; it’s best to live as if today were the first (or last) day of my life.”


Above is an excerpt from Paulo Coelho’s (author of the international bestseller THE ALCHEMIST) Eleven Minutes. Not an outstanding storyline but just a good read.

Nevertheless, I found the above piece a little relevant so put in here. The thought might sound very generic and repetitive. Some might even think it to have a sharp pessimistic edge. But I like it. Life indeed gets spiced up if you were to think it’s gonna end soon. You’d feel like doing so many things, you always wanted to do for yourself and more importantly to others, lest your life ends abruptly and you go incomplete with a complete dissatisfaction.

You tend to run faster. That’s it.

No comments: